All of our achievements we owe, in part, to the generous contributions from our supporters. MICHA is a 501-c3, not-for-profit organization, and your support plays a vital role in our ability to fulfill our mission to continue to further Michael Chekhov’s legacy. All donations are tax-deductible in the US.
If you attend our workshops or represent the Chekhov work in your community, we encourage you to become a MICHA Member.
Resources for members include:
- pre-registration opportunities to select workshops and events
- discounts on select workshops and events
- registration in The Pause, a self-guided retreat
- discounts on MICHA publications and merchandise on sale during the workshop
- all MICHA e-mailings, including occasional special offerings and discounts
- free attendance to MICHA’s Theater of the Future event
Annual Memberships are based on the calendar year. Please note: organizations may choose two individuals to benefit from the membership each year
Your donations assist our Association by providing the encouragement and support needed to further the Chekhov Technique.
Our accomplishments include:
- offering a variety of workshops and teacher trainings
- producing an award winning film
- producing a DVD series of Master Classes in the Chekhov Technique
- establishing an archive of writings by and about Chekhov and his technique
- creating an imprint that publishes Chekhov's out of print writings
- producing a yearly festival celebrating the performance work of the Chekhov community
- establishing the Zelda Fichandler scholarship fund
- establishing a laboratory for scholars and directors
- facilitating an open space to investigate the role of the Chekhov work in the future of theater
- in 2008 our president, Joanna Merlin, was awarded the Solzhenitsyn Medal for Excellence in continuing the legacy of Michael Chekhov
For additional ways to donate or support MICHA, please contact us.